At one point, we did think that Cosmetic and Plastic surgery are one and the same. A number of plastic surgeons prefers to focus their practice towards cosmetic surgery, reason why we sometimes confuse one with the other.
Apparently, it is not technically correct. They may be closely related but they are not the same. Cosmetic Surgery focuses on enhancing a feature or appearance through surgical and medical process. Plastic Surgery on the other hand, is a surgical specialty dedicated to facial and body reconstruction . Those with defects due to accidents, trauma, burns, disease even birth disorders. Plastic Surgery is mostly used to correct body’s dysfunctional areas, thus it is reconstructive in nature.
So in summary, if you wanted to improve that symmetry in your facial features, proportion on your body parts to achieve aesthetic appeal then, that’s Cosmetic Surgery and Plastic Surgery should be tied to correcting and reconstructing body parts. Below are some of the procedures enumerated by the American Board Cosmetic Surgery.
Examples of Plastic Surgery procedures are as follows:Breast Reconstruction
* Burn Repair Surgery
* Congenital Defect Repair: Cleft Palate, Extremity Defect Repair
* Lower Extremity Reconstruction
* Hand Surgery
* Scar Revision Surgery
Most Common Cosmetic Surgery procedures:
* Skin Rejuvenation: Laser and Filler Treatments including Botox
* Breast Enhancement: Lift, Reduction and Augmentation
* Facial Contouring: Rhinoplasty, Chin, or Cheek Enhancement
* Facial Rejuvenation: Facelift, Eyelid Lift, Neck Lift, Brow Lift
* Body Contouring: Tummy Tuck, Liposuction, Gynecomastia Treatment
Check out these amazing transformations that will make you want to get some procedures!